Sunday, June 19, 2022

We Get To Do This

 

The Tony Awards have restored my faith.

I am not grumpy that they're leaning heavily on a political agenda they need not lean on.

I am not grumpy that the musical to win was the least interesting of the shows presented.

I am not grumpy that I am old and everyone else is young.

So I continue to direct a summer pop up musical during the day, and a small theatre adult production, driving an hour  north west for the one and an hour south-east for the other.

Because the alternative is to work summers at Starbucks or Target, to deal with grumpy customers.

I get paid to hang out with people who love theatre.

 I do not labor under the delusion that any will receive a Tony award and thank me.

That's not why I do this.

And I am not grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment