Sunday, June 26, 2022

Now what

26 June 2022. 
 What now? 
 And what is with this font? 
 Roe V Wade reversed. Struck Down. Like Pharaoh striking Moses' name from the records. Because that will go well, historically such behavior favors the oppressor. But There's no evidence Moses' name was ever IN the records and therefore you can't PROVE it was ever there in the first place. Will history question the existence of Roe V. Wade? Like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when time machines became accessible and people starting mucking about time doing whatever pleased them and chopping down forests before they grew....something like that, I read it 150 years ago, but that sounds right. And Arthur Dent passing out not because earth was destroyed, but because there were no more McDonald's.

  Ok, I need to read this book again.

   In other news, I need a space, a performance space to read Lysistrata and Keely and Du.  NOTHING THAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK IS OK.
    I am 56 years old. I was raised with body autonomy regarding reproduction. To Be Fair, it was a shit show of anorexia and bulimia in the 80's, which honestly was just patriarchal backlash for the pill and Roe V Wade 'cause they needed to control us somehow, and that was what they had: Be Skinnier To Attract Men. 
    UGH.
    Fuck You.
    Nonetheless, I went on the pill at 16 and felt completely in control of my own body.  And I knew, if the pill failed, I had a back up. I live in Colorado, and even THEN I knew, If I Had To, abortion was an option. Not a GREAT option, but at least it was an option.
    Wow. Talk about privilege. 
    To live in a state that had the fucking respect to say "Not my body, not my domain."
    And that's a privilege?
    I am honestly flummoxed. I have not idea how this was allowed to happen. How do you strike down a 50 year old precedent?
    Everyone should be afraid. And anyone who said I was overreacting in 2016 is welcome to fuck off.
    I am not chattel. And I will not be treated as such,
    And the Fuck Twats that are treating me as such...have no idea what that word means. They will have to look up "chattel" if they are even interested enough. But they are not. Clearly.
    So here we are, at the corner of "What Just Happened" and "You Are Not  A Person".
    We haven't the time to be shooketh. We need to act.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment