Sunday, June 2, 2019

This Is Why I'm Like This: Comic Con Costumes A Brief Overview



There are signs all over Comic Con....I mean Pop Culture Con...that say "Cosplay is not consent". At first glance, this statement is unnerving, but it continues to explain that it means photographs without consent. I guess, just because you dressed up and went to a public place with thousands of people, nobody is allowed to take your photo without asking? Ugh. You're in public, anywhere, I can take your picture. Scene.

Anyway, Harp took a few photos with others from her Naruto tribe, and I only took one. Because I don't watch Naruto, or Dragon Ball Z. I have not seen Game of Thrones. I do not know who 90% of these people are dressed as. Harp had to explain the Fat Thor, who walked past us a number of times, I kept wondering if I knew him, but why would I know anyone dressed as Fat Thor?

 Know who I know? Batman. With Adam West and Robin weirdly on all fours in that bat side car and Julie Newmar and Burgess Meredith and Frank Gorshin and my favorite, Cesar Romero as the Joker. And I am old, and I loved these people and at Pop Culture Con 2019, I was awash in my daughter's childhood, and then ....then I passed MY CHILDHOOD. They were seated together, and when I asked to take a photo, they sprung into their pose so quickly and professionally I wondered if they were Frank and Julie and Cesar.

Harp was some Naruto character that was complimented, and other Narutos stopped her to take photos. I was like "Do you know her?" and Harp laughed and said "Nope," because same show is family I guess, and the hell is that? We don't need that kind of community behavior happening, thank you very much, we are DIVIDED by political bullshit and must stay as such for the overlords to maintain control.Image may contain: Harp Martin, smiling, outdoor

   HOW CUTE IS SHE???? CUTE ENOUGH FOR CARY ELWES TO SAY SO!!! (see Elwes blog)
 Like such! Harper  met two sisters sporting SPIRITED AWAY, another movie she watched relentlessly as a child.  These ladies built their own costumes, and the inside of "No Face" was mostly duct tape and I was impressed, again, with the level of commitment these people have in creating pieces to just walk around the Denver Convention Center in and Be Seen.

 I dunno dude, I think I'll go back next year. We're talking about making it a family thing. It's boring but not boring to walk around and people watch. And we saw Tara Strong and Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wilson, and a lot of Game of Thrones costumes and stuff I didn't understand. Like why so many Harley Quinns and why is nobody wearing pants?

    These questions, and many others, will be answered in next year's episode of....SOAP! HA ONLY PEOPLE MY AGE ARE LAUGHING EVERYONE ELSE IS LEFT OUT.

          SCENE.
AND AGAIN BECAUSE THEY EARNED IT. LOOK AT THOSE DETAILS, THE CANES, HER CAT SUIT WAS THE SAME FABRIC I SWEAR!!! ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment