20 July 2026
Once again I ask: why are we doing this?
It's not just the heat on the playground, field and barn.
The ponies are done with this shit. They made it through one class ride against their will.
Two teachers refused to even attempt pony rides at 9 am because the kids were already dysregulated and the ponies were clearly struggling. Even the kids who rode were lackadasical and slouchy because it's too hot for pony camp.
The kids are completely over it and ready to go full Thunder Dome over ownership of the pink hula hoop.
The adults are sapped of all will too live, yet I actually said outloud to another adult "It's too hot to commit suicide." They were not offended, they agreed.
One of the teachers used to work in California, and they had "heat days" like we have "snow days".
Why do we not have heat days? We needed zero snow days last winter because it didn't snow. We're a desert now; change the rules. I'll do it, put me in charge.
It's not lost on anyone that climate change ramped it up to 11 in response to Trump and the billionaires unmasking themselves with all of the pride of a fifth grader who stood still while performing as a tree for the entire school play. "I was here the whole time and you didn't see me! See how still I was?"
I'm so hot, I can't even simile well. Let alone metaphor.
Because the "dumbocrats" are controlling the weather and causing wildfires.
OR this has been coming for years and you chose to ignore it, calling it "woke science".
But if you say a silly nonsense thing out loud near preschoolers, they will echo it loudly and with great glee. I spent my morning listening to them repeat my words, smiles lighting up their faces, using different voices and pretending it made sense. The words were "My teeth are not white enough. I quit." They have no idea they are using verbs to deliver the lines "to scold", "to sing", "to surprise", "to celebrate". I love kids. Give them the right support and words and they create theatre on their own.
Ok, today is the 21st. It's only 90 degrees. Freeze warning.
Today's pony camp fun included a four year old in her Elsa dress being tied to an umbrella pole with a red and white plastic jump rope. Unsure what the end game was, but it was fun to watch. I have no idea why I've never seen them figure that out before, I feel like we were tying each other up nonstop at that age.
Rocket -the pony- has called it. He's been struggling with a leg injury, and he has spent enough time around preschoolers to learn that if you limp enough, nobody makes you do anything.
We also have a klepto. I was aware, she takes one toy at a time usually and dad digs it out of her bag at pick up. But she has escalated, and when her dad opened her backpack to check before she got in the car, it was filled to the brim with matchbox cars, trucks, two hand "drums", two wooden puzzle pieces, two "music" eggs and leggos.
My coteacher and I stood by, flabberghasted. We did not see her take them, and we were with her all day. She's good. Like...she's only three years old man, and she knows to sneak it out.
I caught a different kid trying to steal a few things two weeks ago and shut him down before he got out of the building. He was not very good at being sneaky, he was spending way too much time at his backpack, using his towel to wrap up the jingle bells. Very sus.
Two more days and camp is over.
I get paid tomorrow and Friday from DPS and Pony Camp.
I hired H's partner to paint our spare room, for which I have much gratitude. I love to paint, but I hate step ladders and getting on my knees to do the baseboards is no longer an option.
I assume the money pilfered for the 401K I didn't sign up for came through, but I don't check that stuff...
That's not related to anything, just thought you'd like to know what my heat addled brain is up to.
Two more days of camp. One more day until payday. Weird, deep dreams.
It's fine. Mercury's in retrograde. Or as we like to quip "Mercury's in the microwave".
True Dat.
The weight loss has also stopped. I'm pretty The Fuck tired of being held in a holding pattern. Blow this shit up or move long, I'm done.
Scene.
No comments:
Post a Comment