Sunday, July 19, 2026

60 Years Are Too Many: Billionairs, Lettuce And Paint Colors

 19 July

        I have to go buy paint today. We're having the spare room painted finally. It took Jim six months to paint the other spare room,and we know someone who would be willing to do it. So I had to choose a color.

        I have PTSD when it comes to choosing room colors. When we first moved up here, I paintd the dining room burgundy and the upstairs hallway orange. I thought it was eclectic. That was not the opinon of the others who lived here.

        So I asked opinions of two people who no longer live here, hoping that it would be OK to paint the room dark green. The "ancestor" room-the other spare room--is grey. I've decided I like grey a lot, but I don't want to paint all the rooms grey. So this spare room-the "cat" room--will be dark green. It will hold the orange himalayan salt lamps and other candles and zenesque odds and ends, and the brass bed. It'll look nice. Nicer than the off white I slapped on there when Harper moved out. The floor and door trim...I dunno...I see photos of green with white trim and I like it. But I'm probably wrong.

        So my shocked face is pretty exhausted. Finding out we have both an ecoli and explosive diarrea outbreak because a millionaire business owner denied his employees -who planted and harvested -basic need bathroom breaks. 

        As one does.

        God Bless Aaron Parnas and NPR. Those who pay attention have the information 

        I'm a geeky Cause and Effect kid, so I can track why this may have happened. I did no research, I am not a reporter. I just connect.

        His harvesters in the US were wiped out by ICE, so he had to focus on lettuce grown in Mexico. He had to make up the time and volume he was now missing, so he refused bathroom breaks to his employees in the name of time management. 

        Human beings function and need to relieve themselves. Apparently he was unaware of biology. He will use this as an excuse to build AI robots to do the planting and harvesting in the future, but there will be nobody buying his vegetables because they lost their job to AI and cannot afford food.

        Neat.

        I love this journey for us.

        Scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment