Friday, October 27, 2023

Square State Ruminations 27 October

 

    I overheard a student tell their friend that if they touched a Tarot card, God would kill them for trying to do his job and predict the future. I did not know God was in the business of fortunetelling. This changes everything.

    If you complain, and nobody does anything, complain some more. When still nothing changes, rethink your approach and hit something. Not anything that would cause you to break bones- like a car or a light pole- or anything that is alive like a cat or iguana. And don't hurt yourself. I like boxing gloves and punching bags. Buy those. Or knit. I hear that works too. You could knit the guy's face you want to hit and punch it all day.

    When bill collectors call, don't answer. That's why you have caller ID.

     I see quotes that extoll travel as the greatest way to learn and grow. All of the quotes are from rich white guys who could afford to travel. I can't afford to go to the grocery store. 

     The further we journey down the road of Late Stage Capitalism, the more I understand why the Irish got a reputation for drinking and yelling and fighting in pubs. 

      I think theatre is like life, except that nobody knows the script and some idiot put grandpa in charge of light board, so we never know when the lights are going to come on, or for how long, and when we yell at grandpa he just laughs and says "Be quiet or I'll turn on Pat Boone at full volume".

    I think if teachers just behaved the way their students do, they would lose their jobs and we'd have to close the schools. That'd show them.

    As I take my weekend drive through Evergreen, I note the majestic elk as they meander across the road as if they own it. As I take my daily drive to work on Colfax, I note the same behavior from the sex workers on Spruce Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment