Thursday, May 26, 2022

Dear Friends

 

    26 May, 2022 

   I know it's been a while, and this week has been awful. 

  So first, it's 26 May and there was another school massacre this week. I was not at school. It was not my school, so it doesn't matter that I was not at my school. As I have Covid. Two years, vaxxed and boosted, and it gets me. I'm pretty angry, but it could be worse. To be fair I'm pretty foggy,  I couldn't remember how to get Netflix on my TV so I just went to sleep after five minutes. I'm being paid to stay home the last five days of school, the week of a shooting, so I got that going for me. I guess. Also I am pretty lazy, to be fair, this sucks but I don't have to do anything.

    If I were a different person (not lazy, see above), I would count all of the jobs I applied for this semester and do math with how many interviews I received ( TWO) and how many job offers (ZERO) in education. However, I did pick up another performing arts academy type musical for June, and I'm directing God of Carnage, which I had to do last night online and hated HATED with the fire of a thousand suns because I HATE TECHNOLOGY and I hate Covid, and I can't door dash anymore, but I can't get to the grocery store and I could order groceries for pick up but they're out of everything and nobody works there, so the pick up times for the four substitute items I don't even want and can't do anything with are every two days at five a.m. and by the way,  19 fourth graders and their teachers were murdered two days ago and schools are still open and I'm fine, it's fine. 

   It's not fine, I want to start a revolution but as we discussed in my first paragraph, I am lazy.

   Covid fog had me spending two days trying to figure out how to get MTI rights to a musical. They've decided, since the last time I used them, that the account has to be 'secure' in someone's name, but I'm new-ish (remember I came in in Jan of 20, and the musical we did this year was not an MTI show) to the building so it's not in my name, the last theatre teacher died and admin has turned over --they want a letter from admin identifying who the person is that gets to have their name in the system to apply for rights--so literally nobody in the building has any idea who it could be, so I Do The Things to contact them and then for three seconds my Covid brain fog clears and I realize the show we were doing when I was hired was an MTI show, which means the current music teacher who will not be the music teacher next year because everybody quits this building probably had the account, but I've already sent a note to MTI signed by admin identifying the previous theatre teacher as the account name holder so I have to back up and say JUST KIDDING and this is all so I can give THEM money to do a show and I'm confused, and likely so are they, so I guess I need to find a show not held by MTI. And also children were murdered in Texas this week and everyone's just sort of fine with it.

    One of my former students who became an elementary school teacher is quitting this year. Another who teaches high school has been trying to get out of education, working on his masters, but can't seem to make it happen. I'm stuck. I'm stuck. I'm stuck. I have Covid and a mortgage  and cats and two dogs and two boxes of kleenex and a meeting I think I'm supposed to be in right now, what time is it?
    
     There was a Tik Tok list of states with  their number of school shootings this year, and Maine has none. I want to go to there. I'll take the risk of Pennywise over this. Our school did not make a list of shootings on another list, but our sister school did. However, our sister school's shooting was not on campus, it was at the park a block away. Ours was on campus. We went into a real lockdown. Great Investigative Reporting. I did not see the list in question, Imma go with a Tik Tok. But their research sucks, because all you have to do is google my building's name and it's the first thing that comes up.

      I hope to test negative today, and to be able to do my rehearsal in person tonight. It's a beautiful day. everyone I know is alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment