Tuesday, December 7, 2021

#8 Reasons To Leave

 

    Mine is not a long story. No moment from my day, or details about my personality.

    I simply burned out.

    I got tired of working harder than the students, getting no support from admin and being asked to work additional duties, go to meetings, blah blah blah, etc.

    I finished my Masters Degree. I think I may leave teaching altogether. Even at the college level, there is a new element of apathy I am not interested in combating.

    I am quitting because I no longer wish to  struggle to teach those who've no interest in learning. From my perspective, the quality of student in every district has been on the decline since early 2002. It began with a surface apathy, and then mutated into a combination of student apathy and parental coddling of their child coupled with the need to control their child's present and future. Somehow teachers got elbowed out, shoved to the sidelines. Until it's time for us to be evaluated, that is. 

    If these kids and parents want control, give it to them. I'm out.



No comments:

Post a Comment