Thursday, July 24, 2014

July Postcards-24 July

    These are not even remotely in order. Just sayin'.

 24 July 2014
     After a frustrating day at school in JULY, with no air conditioning, wrestling the light issue which should have been fixed ALREADY and is now pushing my fall show out of the picture...I decided to be the kid who sits at the top of the driveway on my white, Walmart chair with the American Flag sticker, watching my nearly dead, crippled dog enjoy the evening air and slurp a Redhook.

    As I did, my 25 month old, pantless neighbor shouted "HI" from her balcony. Her name is Vesper. She is frequently pantless, which is familiar to me as my children were also, frequently, pantless.
    "Hi Vesper! How are you?
     She extolled a monologue filled with semi-familiar words interspersed with Vesper trying to climb the balcony.
       I asked her how old she is now. She replied "three".
       I know for a fact she is a liar.
      "Where's Jim?" she asked. She loves Jim. Kids and cats love Jim.
       "He is paying bills."""
       She looks at Sundown (who is a dog) "Where's kitty?"
       "I dunno."
        "I have a cayo. A yayo cayo."
        "Yes," I agree, smiling at the orange crayon she is waving at me. "It's orange, I think."
        "Yayo. Yayo cayo."
        At that time, Sock emerged. Sock is, in fact, a feline.
        "Kitty!"
        "Yes, that is Sock."
         "Sock," she sings as she continues to try to climb the balcony. "Where's Hapa?"
        "Harper went to the store."
        "LOOK!" she points at Sock. "Cock!"
        "Yep. That's Sock."
        "Cock! Cock!"
         I continue to drink my beer as the naked two year old yells "cock" from her balcony in my general direction.
         Cleary I am the coolest kid on the block.
 
 
             

No comments:

Post a Comment