Monday, June 30, 2014

Summmmmer Tiiiimmmeee

  
  11 am   So last night and this morning, for just a few hours, I thought it was summer.
    I put the bike rack on the back of the FJ. G rode her bike up the street, albeit briefly. H jumped on the skateboard and coasted down the driveway.
    It felt like summer, I felt like I'd been asleep all of June and finally, I woke up and it was summer.
    Then nobody wanted to do anything today, Harper took my car and I cleaned the living room, did laundry and some IB training....just like every other day "off".
    Awesome.
    G is watching Breaking Bad, she's experiencing it for the first time. It's hard to watch since I know how it ends.
     The kitten is sleeping, the dog is panting even though he has done nothing today. He is just old.
      I offered to make G a grilled cheese, but we're out of cheese. I could go to the store in her car, but I hate her car. Nobody wants to go to the store in her car, including her.
      I kinda hate summer.
      It was okay when I was doing Hairspray, Jr. 'cause I was doing something. It'll be okay next week when I have the DCPA 'cause I'll be doing something. If you can't afford a vacation then at least you should be doing something. IB Training online is okay for a few hours, but it's mostly frustrating. At least it's doing something.
       G's job is only two days a week, and H has kinda given up on her gig. It's a long way to go to Aurora, even for $12 an hour. She's trying to find a "real" job here in Lakewood. 'cause a job is at least something to do.
       We dug hanging out yesterday at City Park, I suppose that counts as something to do. But you can't do that every day.
        So this was fun. Remember Diana how you said I should write a book 'cause I'm funny? Clearly that is what I should do...
___________________________________________________________________________________

  1 pm. Apparently I'm watching Breaking Bad with Genoa today.
  1.20 Tried to turn on the sprinkler thing. It won't rotate. Of course it won't. Why would it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
7.19 pm.
              Went to the store in Genoa's car. We both hated it.
              Came home, put Breaking Bad back on. Poured a glass of wine. Went outside.
              It is no longer hot. It's a nice night.
              Made Genoa write two thank you cards.
              Put the kitten on her leash. Which is attached to the water can. Which goes "Clamp-CLUMP" every time she tugs on it, frightening her. It is funny to me.
              Outside is really nice. Wine is really nice.
              Walter White running over homies with his Aztec. He is not so nice.
               Clamp-CLUMP.
               This is nice.
                I tried to put on the sprinkler earlier, evoking summer. But someone stepped on it, it does not rotate. I got depressed and turned it off. I turned it back on. Who cares if it's broken? So am I.
                But if it's on, the kitten doesn't want to go to that part of the yard so much. Just to the grass where she can graze. Because she is clearly not feline, but bovine.
                 Clamp-CLUMP.
                 Sippy the wine. Ahhh...
                 The sound of our neighbor's toddler singing in her yard. Summer candy.
                 Clamp-CLUMP.
                 The sound of the water in the sprinkler. The hell IS it about that sound that makes it summer for me?
                  And of course it's broken, everything I own is broken. My freaking THEATRE is broken and it's not even mine. Well, it's not mine when the Principal wants it, but I think it's mine when it's broken.
                   Clamp-CLUMP.
                   Sippie.
                   Sound of neighbors behind me. They have a pool.
                   I hate them.
                   Neighbors on the other side, sound of guests chatting. Smell of bar- b- cue.
                   I hate them, too.
                   This is why I have no friends. And I'm ok with it until I have no friends and other people have friends. And a pool. And I can hear them.
                   Clamp -CLUMP.
                   Kitten has no friends. She just wants away from the terrible Tin Meanie so she can graze in peace.
                  kryssi has no friends so she listens to a drug cooking science teacher while torturing her kitten and hating her neighbors.

                     Yop. It's summer.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment