Friday, August 23, 2013

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnd we're back!

     9.16 PM Friday, 23 August. The evening of the last day of the first week of school.
     Holy crap that was a long week.

     Summer was short. It was way too short. I was not ready to come back.
     But I did, and within the first week: A parent complained about a suggested (I would like to point out it was a SUGGESTED) movie for actors to watch because they are actors who should watch other actors -warranting a MEETING, another parent scheduled a meeting for BLAH BLAH BLAH privacy BLAH, I had a MEETING to explain How Auditions Work and By The Way Auditions Are Monday, and I actually taught Oedipus for the first time. Usually I say "read the play" and we then spend time on stage learning about Greek performance and doing funny dithyrambs and, sometimes, I make them write their own Greek piece in iambic hex (which is pretty hilarious), but I actually stood in front of the class with chalk and danced around drawing tripods and explaining Apollo and the Oracle and By The Way Oedipus' children are also his sisters and THAT doesn't upset parents but suggesting current movies DOES?
      I am so happy to be watching Drunk History and drinking my wine right now.
      Keep in mind this is wine and Drunk History AFTER I spent two hours at the Ironworks with Jim.
      Who is, by the way, being very patient with me and my crazy.
       Remember at the end of last year (because you have been following my blog diligently) when I was like "Imma make rules, kids suck and stuff."
       So I did.
       I tightened up access to the classroom and my office, killed Improv club and ...it's very, very quiet in my world now.
       Who knew?
        I have invited kids in the morning, they still have cubbies and lockers and a fridge and such. But man lunches are AWESOME quiet, and nobody messes around during their off hour.
        I get why Kron never let them in except for class.
        And I kinda miss them a bit, but not much. The current seniors who hang out are really delightful people, I never had issue with them in the first place. And they responded beautifully to the new rules with no whining, no bitching and no trying to find cracks in the foundation.
         But still, I'm so tired! My entire house is not sleeping. Is anyone else having this issue? It's like we sleep but we aren't rested.
         It bites.
         So even though the new rules seem to be working, and I seem to be teaching instead of bitching at A**holes for breaking my computer or interrupting my class, it was still a very long week.


            Sigh.
            We'll see how next week goes.
        
       
     

No comments:

Post a Comment